SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE
Ndautomation always combines high standard equipment and labour with excellent technical knowledge at competitive prices.
We offer a selection of services to meet your requirements. Prices vary according to distance and the amount of cover you require. Area A covers a 40 mile radius from Lisburn, whilst Area B covers between 40 and 80 miles. For greater distances we will be pleased to prepare a quotation for you.
N.B. Someone must always be present when our engineer calls unless otherwise agreed before hand.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU KNOW HOW TO OPERATE THE MANUAL RELEASE SYSTEM FOR USE IN AN
EMERGENCY. KEEP THE MANUAL RELEASE KEY IN A SAFE PLACE.
We will always try to be on site within a maximum of 24 working hours but usually within 12. All systems have a manual release key and clients should be aware of how it functions in the event of an emergency.
At an emergency call-out we will not normally carry out a full service unless requested at extra cost. If it is not
possible to repair the fault immediately we will quote for any extra work or parts required.
EMERGENCY CALL OUT CHARGES
Area A: £85.00 + VAT for the first hour from when our engineer leaves the office, then £60.00 + VAT for each additional hour until our engineer leaves the site + parts.
IN ORDER TO EXTEND LIFETIME OF YOUR EQUIPMENT, REGULAR MAINTENANCE SERVICES ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. KEEP YOUR SYSTEM SAFE AND RELIABLE OVER THE YEARS!
A service is usually a yearly visit in domestic situations but may be required more often where there is heavy usage, such as on a shared entrance. Commercial sites are required by law to have there systems service twice a year. If you need advice on the requirements for your particular site we will be pleased to help.
We do offer a Basic One off service for those not wishing to take out the plan, below are the charges
Within 40 mile radius for £80.00 + vat, between 40 and 80 miles £120.00 plus vat
This does not include the benefits of joining the scheme below.
Please note: Service and maintenance contracts do not cover replacement parts. Any part found to be
defective and not covered by our warranty will be chargeable.
PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE PLAN FOR NEW INSTALLATIONS BY NDAUTOMATION.
A service includes:
• Call out response within 12 working hours
• Inspection of structural condition to gates and support
• Full inspection of equipment
• Greasing hinges, inspection of gate stops and furniture
• Checking operator fixings, brackets, geometry and condition
• Checking operator performance and clutch/ bypass settings
• Bleeding and checking oil levels of operators, pressure testing and adjusting open-close timings
• Checking manual release and locking performance
• Checking electrical connections, terminators and local isolator of mains power supply
• Checking seals of control panel housing, photocells and other control equipment
• Testing and checking operation of all safety equipment
• Cleaning out of foundation boxes and checking drainage
• Assessing general condition of gate surroundings
• 15% reduction of any new parts required if not under warranty
• HEALTH AND SAFETY risk survey with recommendations for additional safety if required
PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE CONTRACT CHARGES
One service per year £120.00 + VAT; Two services per year £240.00 + VAT
One service per year £145.00 + VAT; Two services per year £290.00 + VAT
To take advantage of the 3 year return to base warranty from date of installation on all new equipment a Preventative maintenance contract or service plan must be in place one year after installation, in this case only labour will be charged.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) Payments are due in advance unless you have a credit account with us.
2) Someone must always be available when our service engineer arrives on site unless otherwise agreed. This will help to identify any problems and can save you money by saving us time.
3) All parts used will be charged for at list price, unless covered by guarantee or maintenance discount.
Our service engineer will confirm the cost of any parts with you before fitting them.
Any new parts fitted will carry a guarantee.
4) Standard service is a one-off visit, it does not cover you for any breakdowns during the rest of the year.
5) Any call-outs where no fault is found, where the fault is due to misuse or anything other than faulty
equipment or installation, will be charged at the Emergency Call-out Rate even if still under guarantee.
Examples of call-outs where no fault was found with the equipment.
* Gates not operating because they had been turned on to manual release.
* Gates not operating because someone had left a large piece of metal on an exit loop.
* Gates not operating because someone had placed an obstruction between the photocells.
* Gates not operating because shrub overgrowth or snow has blocked the photocells.
* A tripped fuse caused by a fault elsewhere on the circuit.
* Doors not closing because someone had painted the photocell lenses.
N.B. Any unauthorized person carrying out work on our installations could compromise safety and will invalidate any guarantee